Business Development Manager – Caribbean
About TerraPay: TerraPay is a global, fast-growing, and innovative Fintech scale-up that uses technology to disrupt and transform the existing financial system. We have a clear Mission: to create a global payments network, connecting the world to economic equality through financial services. We are proud to power payments for the world’s fastest-growing businesses and work with some of the amazing global brands – from Western Union, TransferWise to mobile operators such as Orange. Our Products help to simplify the Payment integration experience for our customers: with a single, simple connection, businesses and consumers can send payments to – and get paid in – every corner of the world. Instantly. TerraPay is headquartered in London.
Context of the role: The Business Development (BD) Manager will hunt for new customers and partners across the Dominican, as a single contributor. The person will need to be target driven and have a passion and ownership to deliver numbers. This will be a hands-on role with deep involvement in execution, leading from the front.
- Creating and executing the overall sales and business development plan for TerraPay across Dominican Republic
- Hands on management of the end-to-end sales cycle, including lead generation, managing live accounts, and working closely with C suites to close deals.
- Developing and managing strategic partnerships with FinTech, Money Remittance companies and other financial institutions in the region.
- Support customer requests and exploring new opportunities to add value to TerraPay’s proposition.
- Ensure excellent communication and internal coordination to roll-out new services taking into accounts market specificity (regulation, competition etc.)
- Attend tradeshows, source leads, follow sales process and report back to sales management team.
- Ensure all specific reporting within required time limit including full use of CRM tool with precision.
- Provide timely feedback to line manager about pipeline, performance, sales activity, account management and strategy.
- Ensure account retention, contractual health, and maximum satisfaction of clients.
Initiate and maintain a strong link between customers and back-office services to ease communication and facilitate the resolution of any issues.
- Identify trends by researching industry, related events, and announcements · Effectively communicate the needs of your customers to the support the team.
- At TerraPay to ensure we set out clear expectations for the business and for you to succeed, it is equally important for us in defining not only the nature of the role responsibilities but that the cultural fit in working style and approach is a match.
- 3+ years direct work experience in the Payments, Fintech, Financial Services Industry Hands-on, driven B2B salesperson from the Fintech/payments world, especially selling into Money Remittance, PSPs, Financial Services, and platforms.
- Great networking skills & results-oriented with great skills in communication, organization, and negotiation
- CRM proficiency is necessary; flexible, self-motivated, disciplined, takes ownership of job at hand; Collaborative, able to accept and create change.
- Strong understanding of customer, market dynamics and requirements
- Ensure effective working relationships with all relevant clients/partners, third parties and internal colleagues.
- Keen sense of initiative and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Excellent attention to detail & Fluent in English
Cross-cultural – you enjoy working with many types of people across multiple geographies and languages.